How do I learn about child care tax credits?

Detailed information on federal child care tax credits for parents is available from:

  • The Internal Revenue Service: Call (800) TAX-1040 or (800) 829-1040
  • Tax Information for Families:
    • Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
    • Child Tax Credit
    • Earned Income Tax Credit
    • The National Women’s Law Center

*Credit amounts may change from year to year, are usually dependent on total family income and size, and may be subject to maximum income or child care spending limitations. Consult your tax advisor, the IRS, and state revenue officials to confirm your eligibility.